The Scottish Government is running a four week campaign from 28 January 2015 to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation (CSE). The national campaign will comprise a new TV advert – a UK first in terms of targeting parents on the subject of CSE – supported by outdoor and digital advertising, a new website and public relations activity.
Information from the Government is as follows:
Why is an Awareness Campaign Needed?
The Government want all children and young people in Scotland to grow up in a safe environment and to be protected from harm.
What are we Telling People?
- Child sexual exploitation is happening to girls and boys across Scotland
- It takes many forms and can happen online as well as offline
- It can take place on a one to one basis between a victim and an offender as well as in organised groups
- It can happen to young people from secure, loving homes as well as more vulnerable young people such as those in care
- We all have a role to play in helping to keep young people in Scotland safe
- For advice and support visit www.csethesigns.scot
When will the Campaign Run?
The marketing campaign which is targeting parents and carers with a child/children aged between 11 and 17 will run from Thursday 28 January to 21 February 2016.