Please follow the link below to find the March 2019 edition of our LGS Parents’ Newsletter.
With the addition of a 6th Pupil Support teacher in August 2018, we have taken the decision to add a 6th House Group to Lanark Grammar School. This will take effect from August 2019.
The pupils currently in 1B1, 1L2, 2J2, 3W2, 4H2 and SB3 will all form the new House Group.
Pupils and staff will participate in the nomination process for House Group name and colour.
Parents/Guardians of pupils in these classes are also invited to participate in the nomination process. This can be done through accessing the Google Form link below.
Thank you for your support
Mr Allan Campbell
Principal Teacher of Pupil Support
From Monday 4 March 2019 to Friday 8 March 2019, the 4547K Cartland Village and 4442K Lanark Grammar – Rosebank/ Crossford/Underbank/ Hazelbank/Linnville & Kirkfieldbank – buses are anticipating that the road closure at High St Lanark will affect the running time of these contracts. Therefore they request that, in the morning, pupils can be at the relevant pick up point 5 minutes earlier than usual.
The Senior Phase Curriculum Evening for S3, S4 and S5 parents is on Thursday, 31, January. Please find the Senior Phase Handbook by following the link.
If a pupil would like to go out on work experience:
- Complete this form: Work Placement Form of Acceptance PDF
- Employer needs to provide a copy of the Public Liability Insurance certificate to pass to Mrs McWilliams.
- All details on the form should be emailed to email@example.com
- Mrs McWilliams will then make arrangements to enter it on Workit and then email a copy of the form to Tom Falconer at SLC.
- Mrs McWilliams will contact pupils to let them know their placement has been approved.
Please find below, a link to our Senior Phase Assessment Diet 2018-2019.
Please find below our September Parents’ Newsletter:
Details of the Go Fresh Café Winter menu 2018 can be found through the link below. The new menu starts on Monday 29 October 2018.
The school fund supports students at Lanark Grammar in a wide variety of ways. It contributes to extracurricular and curricular-enhancing activities by paying entrance fees and providing transport to a diverse range of competitions, as well as supporting the school show and other activities.
The benefits to pupils include increased confidence and motivation; improved attitude towards academic studies; building good relationships with peers and staff; developing teamwork and employability skills; and most importantly… having fun!
We are looking for as much help as possible in raising money for Lanark Grammar School Fund. One way that you can support us is by registering for easyfundraising. This is a website that will make donations to our school fund and all you have to do is your normal internet shopping.
There are over 3000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s. The best part… it doesn’t cost you a penny extra!
- Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/lanarkgrammarschoolfund/ and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to the easyfundraising website first then find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to the school fund at no extra cost whatsoever; there are no catches or hidden charges.
Thanks in advance for your support!
(Miss C Murray)
Jacks Ironmonger in Lanark are looking for a store assistant. You do not require any formal qualifications but you must be 16 years of age and be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and hard work. This is a full-time, permanent position determined by an initial trial period.
If you are interested in applying for this position please see Mr Goldie asap.