The purpose of the Latin courses at all levels is to provide learners with the opportunity to develop translation skills and the ability to understand, analyse and evaluate through the study of Latin language and literature.
The courses provide pupils with the opportunity to develop and extend a wide range of skills. In particular the courses aim to enable learners to develop:
- The language skills of translation
- The ability to understand, analyse and evaluate
- The ability to apply knowledge of language
- The ability to plan, research and apply language skills
- Knowledge and understanding of literary techniques and Roman culture
The courses contribute towards the development of literacy skills by providing learners with opportunities to listen, talk, read and write in English, and to read in Latin.
Did you know?
There are several radio stations on the Internet which broadcast news and features in Latin. Nuntii Latini broadcasts from Finland, Radio Bremen broadcasts from Germany and Vatican Radio is the radio station of the Vatican City.
- Mrs C Rennie