The purpose of the French & German courses at all levels is to provide learners with the opportunity to develop the skills of reading, listening, talking, and writing, in order to understand and use French / German in a range of everyday contexts.
Pupils will be able to:
- Enhance their communication skills through the consistent development of the skills of listening, talking, reading and writing.
- Develop a knowledge of the structure of the foreign language and how it relates to their own first language.
- Raise their awareness of other cultures and international citizenship.
- Develop generic skills such as working with others, research skills, skills in presenting information and IT skills.
The courses also contribute towards the development of literacy skills by providing learners with opportunities to read, listen, talk and write in a modern language, and to reflect on how this relates to English.
Did you know?
British nationals are seriously under-represented in jobs in European institutions, largely because of poor foreign language skills. (BBC News)
- Mr J Millar, Principal Teacher Learning and Teaching
- Ms A Cassels
- Mrs L Findlay
- Mrs A Robson