Our Parent Council meets on a monthly basis, usually the first Monday of each month. Reverend Bryan Kerr is the Parent Council Chair and can be contacted via our school office.
The Parent Council supports the work of the school through a focus on key aspects of educational provisional and through engagement with staff who have specific responsibilities within the school. They also support the work of the school through fundraising.
Parent Council Meeting dates session 2019-2020:
2nd September 2019 (including AGM) , 7th October 2019, 4th November 2019, 2nd December 2019, 6th January 2020, 3rd February 2020, 2nd March 2020, 27th April 2020, 1st June 2020. Meetings commence at 7:00pm in the school’s conference room.
The following bullet points focus on the work of our Parent Council:
- Parent Council represents parents and carers who want to be involved in their child’s learning.
- We support the school in its work with pupils.
- We represent the views of parents and carers.
- We are a voice in schools and local authority.
- We support the Head Teacher and his staff.
- We support the school’s development and improvement.
- We are about getting the best education for our children.
- We learn how the delivery of education within the Council and school takes place and contribute to that delivery so that parents’ and pupils’ views and concerns are heard.
- The Parent Council currently meets once a month to discuss topics which concern the education of our children and to raise matters of concern or interest that have been brought to our attention by other parents.
- As a Council, we have learned a great deal about the workings of the school. We are kept informed and updated on any new issues affecting our children.
- An open welcome awaits those Parents or Carers who would like to join us at our monthly meetings, or you can get in touch with us via the school office.